In the present day, businesses are flourishing and thus new commercial spaces, offices, educational institutes, and hospitals are opening up. Vastu shastra guidelines are important to be taken care of before building these facilities to achieve profits and prosperity.
Table of Contents
Vastu tips for Offices
The establishment of the office is for overall success and good profit along with maintaining the staff. Vastu shastra guidelines in office, maintain economic growth, attract employees, helps keep the environment calm and positive, and removes business barriers.
- The east-facing office is considered good and rich.
- Avoid irregular shapes of plots
- Square or rectangular shapes are more suitable for office structures.
- Resources or water features (if any) must be located or installed in the northeast of the office.
- The boss or owner of a business organization should face north when working or dealing with customers.
- The north or east side is suitable for administrative staff and other personnel.
- Office management and other senior staff should sit south or west, and face north or east when sitting in the office.
- The northeastern part of the office should be vacant and water resources should be installed.
- Toilets should be built on the west or northwest side, avoiding southeast, northeast, and east toilets.
- Storage room must be built in the southeast.
- Stairs are best located in the south, southwest, or west.
- The reception desk must be designed in the northeast.
- If there is a temple it should be in the northeast of the building.
- Do not allow employees to sit under the beam.
- A waiting room can be built in the northwest or northeast.
- The office color should be bright, without spreading sadness.
Vastu tips for Hotels
The good infrastructure of the hotel attracts a large number of tourists, which increases profits and makes the hotel more comfortable. Vastu shastra plays a vital role in inviting guests and earning money because the location of a hotel and the address of a particular hotel room are directly related to the arrival of guests.
- According to the Vastu Shastra chart, hotels should choose regular shapes like rectangles and squares but should avoid shapes like hexagons, triangles, or ellipses to get benefits.
- The hotel location must have at least two or more roads, especially on the north or east side.
- When building the hotel, keep the north and east parts open.
- The hotel should be well ventilated, well lit, and spacious.
- The storage room or kitchen should face the southeast corner.
- The kitchen can only be built on the first floor.
- The guest room should be arranged in the southwest of the hotel, with the bed facing south or west, and the head facing south or east when sleeping.
- The balcony of the hotel room faces east or north.
- Toilets should be located in the northwest or west.
- Hotel facilities must be spacious and open to maintain the flow of positive energy.
Vastu tips for Institution
The design of educational institutions should allow students studying there to focus on their studies and career prospects. Universities can range from education to professional organizations to deliver academic training, and each of those universities needs proper analysis to ensure goodwill and results.
- All colleges must have an east entrance or a northeast entrance.
- Leave more space to the east and northeast, while other parts such as the south, west, and southwest must be used for construction.
- The entrance must be on the east and the blackboard on the west.
- The beams in the classroom must be carefully constructed to ensure that no students are sitting under the beams.
- The staff lounge must be built in the northwest.
- The bathroom should also be built in the northwest.
- The Institute pantry should be built in the southeast corner.
- The owner’s or director’s office must be built in the southwest or south so that they can sit facing north.
- The meeting room should be located on the north door facing east.
- The outdoor playground should be built in the east.
- Window opening must be provided in northern or eastern direction.
- Reception and cashier rooms must be located on the east or north side.
- The library can be built in the west.
Vastu tips for Hospitals
The structure of the hospital must be such that people who come there to recover must recover as soon as possible with the positive ambiance of the facility. However, it seems to be quite difficult now, because hospitals are being built everywhere regardless of address, location, layout, etc. This is the main reason for the late recovery. Basic guidelines and standards, such as proper location, room addresses, and plots of the entire building, external and internal layout must be followed according to the Vastu Shastra.
- The best location for a doctor’s cabin is in the southwest, south, and west. Facing the northeast is advised to improve concentration when treating patients. Looking east is also allowed.
- The construction of the operating room should be in the west of the hospital.
- All medical equipment should be placed in the southeast of the ward.
- Wards should have proper ventilation, with window opening on the east side.
- The hospital warehouse should be placed on the ground, and all equipment, medicines, appliances, etc. should be placed on the ground. They must be placed in the southwest or west.
- ICUs and rehabilitation rooms should be built in the southwest of the hospital to achieve rapid recovery.
- Disposal water should be in the northeast.
- The toilet should be built in the northwest or west.
- The kitchen of the hospital should be located in the southeast.
Vastu tips for Commercial complex
In this era of rapid development and population growth, small towns are transforming into metropolises. As the population increases, the shortage of land for residential and commercial activities is increasing rapidly. Therefore, multi-story buildings for commercial spaces are being constructed, increasing the number of such complexes. Vastu shastra guidelines must be followed strictly for such buildings to ensure profit.
Vastu Tips Commercial spaces
- The main building should be located on the south / west side of the area.
- Generators and other electrical equipment should always be located in the southeast corner.
- Stairs must be located in the southwest direction and the upward direction must always be clockwise.
- Borewell, the underground tank should be in the northeast.
- It is advisable to develop lawns with abundant large trees in the south and west and to plant lawns with young plants and more water in the north or east.
- A small temple can be built in the northeast corner or the center of the building. The temple can be entered and exited from all sides or the east and north, but it should be noted that the temple door should not be in front of the doors of any building or shop.
- Restrooms must be built in the northwest corner or west corner, not the northeast corner.
- The slope of the land must face north or east.
- Compared to the south and west walls, the north and east walls should have many windows.
- The shape of the building must always be regular.
Vastu tips for Banks
Vastu in the bank becomes important for safety and security reasons; if built according to Vastu principles, the bank may never face robbery or theft.
- It is ideal for positioning the bench in a north or east direction, as this direction is ideal for construction.
- Avoid any obstacle at the main entrance of the bank, it is recommended that the entrance be oriented to the east, northeast, or north.
- The southeast corner of the bank should be used as the manager’s office, facing people sitting to the north.
- The cash counter should be located in the north, with the cashier facing east or northeast.
- Use the wooden counter to withdraw money.
- Bank employees or staff must sit in the West End.
- The main box where all cash is stored should be placed in the south or southwest and open to the north.
- There should be some water sources in the Northeast since they are auspicious.
- Color plays an important role in creating and stabilizing wealth, yellow is a prominent color.
- Documents, papers, and other junk items must be kept at Southwest.
- The stationery can be placed in the northwest corner.
- The cash deposit counter must be located north of the bank.
- Stairs can be placed on the west, southwest, or southeast.
Vastu tips for Hostels
The use of Vastu for the construction of hostels is essential to maintain peace, prosperity, and success. This is an infrastructure where students come from various geographical locations to learn, if the structure is not made according to Vastu specifications, then they may face unavoidable problems. The Vastu for hostels is very important to the study and life of the students, and it should be built in a way that does not cause problems such as failures and suicides. Hostel design must balance energy in the right direction to make this place give students a comfortable life.
Some general hostel guidelines are as follows:
- The hostel building should be of regular shapes, such as rectangle or square, any irregular shape on the lot can be unfortunate and cause loss of reputation and goodwill.
- Stairs must be built in the south or west.
- Administrators, staff, and directors must be on the southwest part of the hostel.
- Hostel rooms must be built in the northwest.
- Ventilation must be provided on east direction through large window opening to allow morning sunlight inside the room.
- The toilet must be in the Northwest Region.
- The canteen can be built on the southeast side.
- The northeast area should be reserved as a lawn or garden area.
Vastu tips for Multiplex
Nowadays, with the new trend, the city is almost flooded with many movie theaters. We may have seen that some movie theaters are full, while others are waiting for customers. After major investment and construction, if they will not succeed, the site can be transformed into a residential or commercial complex. Therefore, before constructing large-scale projects such as movie theaters/cinema theaters, please consult Vastu to correct and find defects in the plot in time.
- The theater should have a slope or seating arrangement so that the screen is in the north or east.
- The restaurant is best in the southwest of the building, and the kitchen is best in the southeast.
- Air conditioning (AC) equipment is best installed in the southeast.
- Electrical installation of generators and transformers must also be carried out in the southeast.
- The toilet must be in the northwest.
- Landscape and man-made fountains or waterfalls can be built in the northeast, north, or east of the entire site.
- The central part of the building must have sufficient roof (skylight) lighting and ventilation.
Vastu tips for Marriage Halls
The marriage hall must be built with the right part in the right direction to ensure more satisfied customers and better business as well as more profits and goodwill.
- The stage is best located on the west side so that the couple sitting on it faces east.
- The entrance is ideal on the east or north.
- The shape of the plot of the banquet hall should be regular, such as square or rectangular, and round or oval banquet halls should be avoided.
- Electrical equipment, including dance floors, music systems, and even transformers, must be located in the southeast.
- The parking lot must be built in the northwest or southeast.
- Food and snack arrangements should face northwest or north.
- The seating arrangement of guests must be in the southwest or north.
- The Mandap should be arranged in the northeast corner (Ishaan corner) and the fire should burn in the southeast corner.
- The bathroom must be in the northwest or west.
- The owner’s room is best built in the Southwest.
- According to Vastu, the stairs in the room can be located in the south, west, or southwest.
Vastu tips for Restaurants
The location of the restaurant should be appropriate, and rectangular plots should be selected. By following the Vastu criterion, positivity can be attracted in a given space.
- The entrance to the restaurant must face north or east.
- According to the restaurant’s Vastu guidelines, customers’ seating arrangements should be on the ground floor.
- It is important to prioritize customers, which is why they should be received on the ground floor.
- Window opening must be provide on east to ensure positivity.
- According to Vastu Shastra, the restaurant kitchen should face southeast. This is considered the best location to keep the burner.
- The restroom should not be near the kitchen, as it will create an unpleasant environment. It should be in the west or northwest of the restaurant.
- The colors of the walls should be very attractive. It is necessary to avoid the dark tones of the restaurant. Orange, blue, yellow, green, and neutral colors are quite auspicious for restaurants.
- The water source is considered good when placed in the northeast direction.
- The restaurant reception and cashier must face north or east.
Vastu tips for Factories
Vastu Shastra said that building factories according to Vastu rules can generate huge profits and prevent losses and accidents.
- Factory entrance: The main entrance must be large and located in the east, north or northeast to attract large profits.
- Factory Office: There is always an office in the factory for business transactions and negotiations. The best location to build an office is to the north or east.
- Composite wall: The compound wall acts as a support system for the factory. According to Vastu, the south and west sides of the factory are considered favorable for the separation wall.
- Maintenance: There is always a repair shop in the factory for repairs. Vastu recommends building workshops in the south or southwest, strictly avoiding the northeast and the center.
- Heating equipment: The factory involves a lot of heating equipment. Equipment such as boilers, electric meters, furnaces, transformers, and generators should be kept in the southeast direction.
- Toilet location: There may be one or more toilets in the factory, depending on the size and personnel of the factory. The toilet must be built in the southeast or northeast.
- If a septic tank is needed, it must be placed between the north and northwest or between the east and southeast.
- Light machinery: When placing lights and auxiliary equipment, the east or north direction works best.
Vastu tips for Parking
- According to Vastu Shastra, the ideal parking location is the southwest corner, facing west or south.
- Make sure the garage walls are made of concrete.
- According to Vastu shastra garage rules, white, blue, and yellow are ideal colors. Light colors reflect positive energy, allowing you to have a clear vision while driving. However, you should avoid using dark colors like gray, red, black, or purple to paint your garage.
- In regards to the Vastu rule for car garages, the optimal garage size should be within 2-3 feet of the car. This improves the light in the garage.
- The best direction to open the garage is north or east.
- Except for the northeast corner of the east-facing house, people can park their two-wheelers anywhere. There is nothing to worry about when parking two-wheelers or bicycles, because it will not have any major adverse effects on your home.